- Rates & Specials
The Mayneview was built in 1865 by one of the co-discoverers of the Luray Caverns. It was used as a hunting lodge and stop on the Underground Railroad during its early years; runaway slaves hid in the attic on their way to Canada and/or Ohio. It has been a bed & breakfast for over 20 years. We bought it in 2004.